Thursday, May 3, 2012

Anything but Average

Today I read an article from costofwedding.com that showed the 2012 averages for weddings. Some of the results were as follows:

The average wedding in the US costs just under $27k

The average wedding in San Diego costs well over $28k

The average wedding budget is $20k (which I guess means the average wedding goes 8k over budget).

80% of weddings happen in a church or synagogue (which is funny seeming most people don't go to church)

The average wedding guest list is 141 guests.

The average engagement is 17 months.

The average honeymoon lasts 8 days.

My conclusion... I am having anything but an average wedding.

Lets just say that without my budget weighing down the averages, the average wedding cost is probably significantly higher.

I am not getting married in a church... but I do go every Sunday.

Take the average wedding size... and double it. Then you have my wedding. So double the wedding size with about 30% of the budget. Sweet.

If I was engaged 17 months, someone would probably end up wounded. My 8 month engagement is way too long to me. I would never suggest it for God-fearing-nearing-thirty-year-olds.

Where I up the ante is my honeymoon, which will also be my first real vacation that is more than a Vegas weekend, which I have only done twice, 2 years ago. My honeymoon will be just under 2 weeks... take that pretty, pretty princess brides!





2 comments:

  1. Yay you're blogging! Love this - and I totally agree.. we were engaged 10 months and it was PLENTY long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were engaged 14 months, but were long distance our entire relationship and 2 month of our engagement. We personally loved it, enjoyed a lot of time just being together and adjusting to me living there before we even began planning.
    Our budget, was below average, but after the wedding...it was somewhere near average. lol.
    honeymoon 12 days of completely WORTH IT.

    your wedding is yours. do whatever the hell you(and Toby)want Anna! :)

    ReplyDelete