Monday, May 7, 2012

no goalie pads on the registry

I don't think I am alone in thinking that filling out the registry will be the most fun of the wedding process. You get to go around and pick out whatever you like and ask other people to buy it... what is there not to like about that!?

Well, turns out, it can be extremely draining. 

You have to try to figure out what you want, and need for the next 10 years.

Toby is going to med school... it will be 10 years before we buy ANYTHING else, so we have to make it count. 

Some of it has been really easy. Some of it, however, has us throwing our hands in the air. 

Our arch nemesis? Bedding. 

Who would have thought that picking out a duvet cover would take so much effort. Literally hours of time spent online and in stores trying to find something we can agree on. They are either too dull, or too girly, or too boyish... or just flat out butt ugly. Seriously, who designs this stuff!?

When we do seem to find something we like, without fail, it is discontinued and no longer available in the size we need. Without. Fail. 

I keep realizing there are things that we don't have on there yet. It seems to never end... and don't forget the issue I think every bride has when it comes to the registry... 

The groom who confuses the wedding gift registry with "dude I want that". 

My brother registered for rubber duckies and Pepsi just to mess with my sister-in-law when she wasn't looking. My fiance has his eyes on bigger loot. 

He keeps coming up with things he wants on the registry. Not a tool box, or drill, or some other home repair tool. He is thinking video games and goalie pads. 

Yes, goalie pads. 

There is a reason I keep the registry passwords... 




1 comment:

  1. Yet again, I feel you girl. We only registered at 2 places and after the first registering trip we didn't go back to finish at that store AND do the other store until 4 months later. We were SO EXHAUSTED. Aint all the glamour it looks like.
    Luckily for me we were on the same page when it comes to registering because we both love food, drinks and entertaining. He got tools but that was about it. Possibly because before hand I told him of our friend who registered for a basketball and that was NOT going to fly with me. lol. "Would you rather someone buy us a basketball or spend that money on the "...", which we really need?" I would have been pissed if I found Pepsi on the registry. But I wouldn't have said a thing, and just deleted it. lol

    ReplyDelete